Preperation Method – Beetroot Cutlet
Beetroot Cutlet is one of the most delicious, colourful and healthy tea time snack, major ingredients in the recipe is grated beetroot. Cutlet / patties or tikki from beetroot has a dark red colour and texture this is from beetroot. it can be and ideal evening snack or party starter recipe along with tomato Cetchup or evening Chai.
Servings 5 People (Each)
- 1/2 cup Beetroot Grated
- 1/2 cup Carrot Grated
- 2 Piece Potato Boiled & Mashed
- 2 Piece Ginger Small Pieces
- 6 Piece Garlic Small Pieces
- 1 Piece Green Chilly
- 2 tsp Oil Sunflower Oil / Cooking Oil
- 1 Piece Big Onion Finely chopped
- 1 Spoon Couriander Leaves Chopped Small Pieces
- 1 tsp Couriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 3 tsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 Packet Bread crumbs (roasted) (small packet)
- 20 – 30 ml Sunflower Oil / Frying oil
Making Mix For Cutlet / Patty
- Take Ginger well cleaned 2 small pieces, Garlic pealed and clean 6 pieces, cleaned green chilly 1 and give a gentle blend and make paste.
- Preheat pan and pour 1 table spoon of cooking oil
- Add one finely chopped onion to the pan and saute well for 2 to 3 minute, add salt as needed
- Add the blended Ginger and Garlic / chilly paste along with the onion fry
- Add 1/2 cup grated beetroot to the mix and saute well
- Add couriander power , Garam masala to the mix and saute till you get roasting smell
- Now add the mashed potato and fresh couriander leaves & mix ultil combined
- Dont forget to add salt as needed in the process
Making the dip
- Take 3 tsp of all purpose flour and add needed water and mix well until its semi solid and keep aside
- Take needed portion of prepared mix and place it on your palm roll and pat to shape
- once you have it in the needed shape, dip it in the all purpose flour mix that you have prepared and gently take the patty and place it over bread crumbs and gently apply bread crumbs all over the patty to form a layer
- Now when the patty is covered with bread crumbs its ready for frying.
- Please be noted use little oil and fry in medium flame as show in the video.